As we become more conscious of the environment and look for innovative solutions to creating sustainable homes, it can be unclear where best to invest our budgets for a new renovation. Today’s blog will explore more eco-friendly options for your next project, from sustainable trends to upcycling decor and give you the answer to the question: how eco-friendly is luxury vinyl flooring?
Kind to your environment – inside & out
Sustainability is becoming more and more important to us all. We are starting to choose products and materials that improve our indoor air quality and reduce energy consumption, pollution and waste and we are always looking at ways in which we can invest in products and production processes that are more sustainable. We are really proud that the MSeries collection in particular is recognised for its low impact on the environment in all aspects including production process, product consumption, emissions & indoor air quality and sustainable construction:
- Our production plants are certified to ISO 14001 ensuring a neutral impact on the local environment. Combined with ISO 9001 certification, these accreditations form part of our commitment to providing the highest quality products in the most sustainable manner possible.
- Achievement of the Eurofins Indoor Air Quality Gold Standard means that our floors & adhesives have very low VOC emissions, and so provide a safe and healthy indoor environment for you, your family and your pets.
- The composition of MSeries floors complies with the European REACH system to the same high standards required for toys and childcare products, meaning a safe, healthy and phthalate-free floor.
- Our environmental and clean air credentials contribute to BREEAM and LEED certification for building & construction sustainability.
- All our floors are easy to clean using a minimum amount of water and no harmful chemicals, ensuring minimal impact on the environment throughout its life.
- Our floors are fully recyclable, and by using the purest materials the newly recycled products will be free of harmful toxins too.
Biophilic design is all about capturing the beauty of the natural world and incorporating elements inspired by nature into our everyday living environments. By bringing a sense of the outdoors in, we are creating more of a connection to nature that we have developed a newfound appreciation for over the past few years. One way you can incorporate more sustainable choices into your next renovation project is by opting for designs that reflect this trend.
Our MSeries collection is a great example of how you can opt for a chic floor that is much more sustainable than traditional lino or roll vinyl as it is both itself fully recyclable, contains recycled materials and is designed to last for years to come. This means less waste replacing your floor – all our collections have a lifetime warranty. Harvey Maria also supports the industry-wide movement to recycle post-consumer waste. Industry initiatives such as Recofloor and wider initiatives such as Recovinyl demonstrate the commitment to developing practical measures to support long term environmental sustainability. Style with gorgeous indoor plants, blue-sky tones and bright lighting for an uplifting feel.
Combining different patterns and textures is a popular trend for 2022 and beyond, and a great way to incorporate a more eco-friendly upgrade to your home. Mixing materials in your decor adds interest and personality to your space, especially in more minimalist schemes. Consider plaster effect walls contrasted with detailed wood-grain flooring, or patterned Luxury Vinyl flooring with a copper effect roll-top bath. It also provides an opportunity to repurpose or upcycle furniture to suit your current interior scheme, so you can invest in durable, high-quality flooring and stay within your budget.
Looking for more inspiration for your next project? Why not read our previous blog on the top trends for summer 2022, or follow us on Instagram for daily updates. Make sure to tag us in your photos @harveymaria and use the hashtag #MyHarveyMaria for your chance to be featured on our feed and stories.